Wednesday 7 April 2010

I'm speaking at NESTA's "Open For Business" innovation conference tomorrow


Just back from a spot of holiday in the Pennines where I was free of technology for a long weekend (absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that...).

Tomorrow I am speaking at the NESTA conference "Open For Business" which explores how innovation makes the difference when it comes to leading businesses through the remainder of the recession and back to economic growth.

For info, NESTA is the National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts - an independent body with a mission to make the UK more innovative. NESTA invest in early-stage companies, inform policy, and deliver practical programmes that inspire others to solve the big challanges of the future. Their endowment status means that they operate at no cost to the UK taxpayer.

I was chosen to speak because of the Tesco TJAM event that we hosted along with Microsoft back in August 2009. Standing next to me will be Caroline Holt of Happen, the innovation agency that made that whole day work in the successful way it did.


1 comment:

  1. Any chance of us getting audio or video from this one?

    ReplyDelete

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: