Friday 26 February 2010

Living with Google Nexus One / Going to Microsoft MIX?

I'm taking a long weekend out to visit Dublin (it's my (Irish-born) hubby's 50th birthday, bless him!) and, as I already have an O2-Ireland SIM card, I'm going to 'live' my communications using the Google Nexus One, and I'll see how I get on with it being my only internet connection whilst I'm away, just as I did with the iPhone when in Berlin a few weeks ago. I'll let you know how I get on next week.

Are you going to Microsoft MIX conference in Las Vegas next month? I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the impressive (on paper anyway) Windows Mobile 7 platform with a view to including it in our list of supported mobile operating systems (alongside 6.x) in our mobile strategy by learning about it there. I'm hoping to 'live' my communications using a Windows Mobile phone when in the USA in March so it will be interesting to compare my enforced comms experiences with iPhone / Nexus One (Android) / Windows Mobile if this works out (I'll buy a local USA SIM card with lots of data to make the compasrison fair).



1 comment:

  1. so what did you make of it? it is a good phone but I dunno. i found i used the nexus less in general.

    ReplyDelete

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: