Sunday 15 November 2009

Keynote speech at Berlin European Online Retail Conference

Tomorrow morning I'm giving a keynote speech at the European Online Retail Conference in Berlin (link goes to Microsoft English translation of German site). Called 'Tesco.com and the Fourth Screen', my presentation explores new thinking on how to bring grocery shopping to customers using a new, challenging idea: Make it effortless for customers.

I've always admired the trustworthiness and integrity of e-commerce conducted throughout western Europe so I was delighted to accept the invitation from Germany's The Conference Group to give my presentation to a genuinely interesting group of about 300 top companies.

When I agree to accept a speaking engagement it is always at zero cost to Tesco and also involves being sure I can gain as much insight as possible (and ideally more than I give, ha!). With the sort of companies attending tomorrow this will, I think, be plain sailing.

My presentation contains very similar content to the speech I gave at the recent IMRG Members' Meeting in October, and the T-JAM innovation event in August. I really should make a video and put it up here! A project for Christmas, perhaps...


Update: I've decided not to take my laptop with me so I take only hand luggage onto Easyjet. That means I'm relying on my iPhone for all I'm doing. Scary but worth the experiment for the 48 hours I'm away. Well hey, I've just updated this blog entry on it while sat in Luton Airport's departure lounge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this blog grows in readership - and because it carries the Tesco brand - I have had to become more careful about the sort of comments that are acceptable. The good news is that I'm a champion of free speech so please be as praising or as critical as you wish! The only comments I DON'T allow through are:

1. Comments which criticise an individual other than myself, or are critical of an organisation other than Tesco. This is simply because they cannot defend themselves so is unfair and possibly libellous. Comments about some aspect of Tesco being better/worse than another equivalent organisation are allowed as long as you start by saying "in my personal opinion.." or "I think that...". ... followed by a "...because.." and some reasoned argument.

2. Comments which are totally unrelated to the context of the original article. If I have written about a mobile app and you start complaining about the price of potatoes then your comment isn't going stay for long!

3. Advertising / web links / spam.

4. Insulting / obscene messages.


Ok, rules done - now it's your go: